Gardens Grace, Inc is an award winning residential/commercial landscape company providing custom design-build and maintenance services to clients in the Des Moines and surrounding areas. We believe that a great project starts with a great team who shares ideas and works together! We take pride in the quality of our work and value continually learning in order to grow both as individuals and as a team. We have an amazing group of people and work on building some very cool projects!
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay with additional benefits available depending upon position and time with company
- Advancement opportunities for qualified candidates
- Central location on SW 9th street
- Paid recruiting incentives (Bring your friends and get paid!)
- Opportunities to build cool projects in great team environment
- Professional, safe, positive working environment
Requirements for ALL positions:
- Valid Iowa driver’s license and must be insurable on company’s insurance policy
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise and cold
- Able to work in a team environment with Production Supervisors, Foremen and other landscape professionals
- Must be ready and willing to represent the Company in a professional manner
- Must be respectful, honest, reliable, self motivated, and possess positive attitude
Landscape Foreman: The ideal candidate for this position will have a great attitude, strong work ethic and be bilingual. This position will be responsible for leading a crew of 3-6 workers to complete residential/commercial landscape construction projects involving hardscape, softscape, garden maintenance. A knowledge of common safety practices will be required, and being comfortable with enforcing our company’s quality standards. This is a Full Time seasonal position with job attachment.
Position Related Requirements:
3+ years of field experience in Landscape or related field.
1+ years of Foreman experience in Landscape or related field.
Must be able to safely operate heavy equipment such as Skid Loaders and other landscape construction small engine equipment and power tools.
Landscape Crew Member: Crew members will be instructed to facilitate in the installation of hardscapes, softscapes and plant material, water features, lighting and carpentry. Knowledge of proper landscape installation and maintenance techniques is a must. Must be able to produce a quality product in a timely and efficient manner. The ideal candidate for this position will be a strong team player who works well in a crew. Must be a hardworking, reliable, on-time employee who takes pride in their job and can demonstrate true dedication to quality of workmanship. Must be able to lift at least 60lbs alone and be willing to work outdoors.
Gardener: Gardeners work primarily with our existing maintenance clientele. A Gardener maintains beds, adds seasonal color to beds and containers, and performs basic ornamental shrub and tree pruning. Strong local horticulture knowledge is a must for this position, (A horticulture degree and/or master gardener certificate is preferred), as well as an outgoing friendly personality.